View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #12
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

You have yourself in quite the sticky wicket!!! It has, in my opinion, too far gone to try to cram at least a years worth of educating and mentoring, into a week....Under normal circumstances, I would NEVER suggest you take this first time momma to a strange place to whelp her first litter, surrounded by people that have absolutely NO idea what to expect, what is considered normal, what is a problem, what is the onset of an emergency, etc. Under stressful situations, mommas frequently have been known to eat their babies. Does your female know your vet well? How about the staff there? Is there a competent vet tech there that would be willing to board your female and whel this litter? YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY A FEE FOR THIS SERVICE, BUT that is just part of what this is going to end up costing you. If the answer to the above questions is "no", then you are going to have to take this unfortunate momma with you...I would call your daughter and get the name of a REPUTABLE VET THAT KNOWS SMALL DOGS, ESPECIALLY YORKIES!! When you get to your daughters house, you need to see the vet, let the vet examine the momma, and make arrangements to board the dog with a vet tech there....someone/anyone that can whelp that litter successfully. This is such a sad state of affairs, so unncessary....

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 04-03-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!