View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

There is so much to learn about whelping pups and caring for the momma and babies that I would not even know where to begin. Your best bet would be to find someone in your area that is familiar with whelping puppies or perhaps your vet can tutor you. There are very many informative thread on YT in the breeding section so you might want to start reading them.

As far as her due date, I have had many litters that were delivered around the 61st day from the first breeding. Some a little earlier and some much later so you really need to watch her closely starting around the 57th day.

Make sure you feed a good quality dog food. I have my breeding females on dry puppy food throughout their whole pregnancy. I add a calcium pill after the pups are born.

I would not be taking her temp this early. For one thing it is not that dependable. Most people start taking the temp when it is getting more near the whelping date.

I hope everything turns out okay.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!