View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Ever since I brought Tink home, after a stop at the vet's where I first learned about her liver issues as she had been at the same vet with her previous owner, I have constantly assessed her behavior throughout each and everyday. I am very acutely aware of what is normal behavior for her, and can spot even the slightest abnormal behavior in her very quickly. I also have her meds on hand should she need to go back on them, including treatment for HE.

Tink's Liver enzymes have never been normal. I do want to have a BAT done, and as I'll be at the vet's tomorrow evening, I will schedule it then. Why it wasn't done the other day, IDK as I had requested it. Maybe the vet was looking for a more overall health assessment due to the changes in her meds and diet. I thought the BAT was being done, but by the time I found out it hadn't been done, it was too late to do it that day. The surgeon did not find a Portosystemic shunt. Her diagnosis after her surgery was MVD, Bile Stasis, and bladder stones with an E coli infection. Hopefully, her now normal Liver enzymes are telling us that her organs are functioning better than they were before her surgery,

QUOTE=Wylie's Mom;4177252]Great news, Kathy!!!!

I was reading Lj's post - do you think you still have to do the BATs? I had no idea liver enzymes could be normal!
I will discuss doing the BAT with the vet. I am more curious than anything... whether it's actually needed IDK, but I will find out.[/QUOTE]

I thought she had multiple inoperable shunts...I am lost in space.

Anyway...that would be nice if all is good.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!