View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Default Update on Tinkerbell...

Here is her surgery thread from 2/2011: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...g-results.html

Tink did well up until November 2012. At that time she refused to eat the Hill's Prescription L/D, and her belly was becoming painful and swelled from the Lactulose. I stopped the Lactulose as her surgeon had suggested, and within a few days, her appetite returned.

Then in January 2013, she stopped eating the L/D, and preferred to eat the Life's Abundance that my other pups are on. I couldn't let her starve, so I decided to watch for any signs of Hepatic Encephalopathy (too many toxins in her blood). I was adding some veggies and rice and noodles to her food to try to cut the %protein for her. Doing good so far. She seems perfectly fine.

Being nervous, I decided to get her tested. I intended to have a BAT done, but my new vet wanted just to run a complete panel, so we went with that. She also had xrays done. Waited all day for the phone call.

Shock and awe! Her BUN is slightly low, liver enzymes are all WNL good! and only shows very slight liver insufficiency! We discussed switching her to Hill's Prescription K/D, supposed to be more palatable, so we'll see.

And she weighed in at 17.1 lbs!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!