View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 10:37 AM   #4
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

A couple of years ago, new neighbors moved in next door to us. They had a DARLING Yorkie named TuTu. However, TuTu thought he owned our road and THREE times viciously bit a neighbor's ankles as she and her husband took their daily walk. TuTu also used to go down the road and bark and bite a neighbor while he worked in his own yard! TuTu absolutely LOVED us! His owner worked and TuTu would get loose and she couldn't catch him to tie him up, as our local law requires. The minute she would leave her house, TuTu would come barreling over to our house, RUN RIGHT THROUGH the screened front door, and jump right in my lip to cuddle!!!! We replaced the screen in that door three times before giving up and putting a board in it!

Eventually, I discovered WHY TuTu bit feet! Every time he did something wrong, his owner, a young lady from Gabon, Africa, would KICK him! Poor little guy HATED FEET! And who could blame him?! I tried every way possible telling her NOT to kick him to discipline him!!! To no avail, unfortunately.

However, since she couldn't/wouldn't keep him tied, and since he had bitten quite a few people who began to threaten lawsuits, I suggested very strongly that she place TuTu with the local humane society, which she did. We wanted to take him so much!!!! But we were simply not open to having that kind of liability on our hands and also figured that he would be a bit confused about just where he lived. I so hope that he found a loving home with folks who understood him!

He was the CUTEST little Yorkie! And we just fell in love with him. That is one reason that when we decided to get a second dog, we chose a Yorkie.
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!