View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #9
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyTheYork View Post
Thanks for the replies!

There seems to be a lot of conflicting evidence and differing opinions on this. For everyone that swears surgery is a must there's someone screaming DON'T DO IT! I am really confused because I clearly want to do only what's best for my best friend.

I have not yet seen the surgeon, but let's be honest folks, surgeon's need to perform surgery to make their money. Of course he/she will recommend the knife. That's why I am trying to get the unbiased opinion of people in the know.
This is sad. The only people who scream don't so it are people who leave their dogs in pain. The very same people who over and over find themselves up against a wall because they didn't do things right at the onset. I personally am not ok with my dog having rapid onset arthritis from failing to surgically correct a torn CCL. If you want to make it about money, then that's your choice. Honestly, not all surgeons are knife happy. The surgeon I use charged me zero dollars to repair my dog's leg a second time after it was our fault not his that we were in that situation. Similarly this same surgeon has refused to perform leggs perthes surgery on my dog teddy who has not yet shown lameness. He easily could schedule it and charge me a couple of thousand dollars and send me on my way. I think it's up to YOU to find a doctor with ethics, and there are many to choose from.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!