View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
Julia Howard
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Dianna,
I am in about the same boat with Zoey who is 9 1/2 yrs. old. Actually Zoey was born in one of my litters and given to a friend as a puppy. We have kept her over the past 9 years at least a week out of the month for the friend to go to conferences. The friend died in Nov. last year unexpectedly and Zoey came to me because the friend's children didnt want a dog. She seemed fine until 3 weeks ago and had a seizure. Vet decided it was hypoglycemia. A week later the same thing happened and this time she didnt
seem to come out of it. She is at the vet's now and an IV and having tests done - bile acid, etc. When her regular vet saw her last time in 2012 he had noted then that the alt was high but obviously didnt explain the condition to Sandra and Sandra had Addisons Disease and was having her own problems I guess by then. I didnt have the benefit of those tests until recently. So now we are dealing with a liver condition that has possibly been going on for a years. Please send up prayers for Zoey and a diagnosis that we can work with. Thank you all so much.

Julia Howard
Julia Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!