View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejoel View Post
Thanks for the advice
I don't act excited when I come home (although other people do) i've actually been working on "calm down" with him. When I get home and get him from the crate he is pretty calm but when I get home and he stayed with someone else he freaks out and screams when he knows I'm here.
My sister has been teaching him that when I get home she won't open the door until he is quite which he's catching on to.
I don't think he is spoiled, he actually doesn't like to be held or carried around and I don't really baby him. I just feel that I'm doing something wrong because he does show a little bit of protection signs with things like the daycare kids coming by me or even Rosco, it's starting to annoy me.
I thought I did good on letting him know I'm the boss but apparently not I read that the separation anxiety and protective stuff means they think they're the boss.
There's nothing he really gets to do that tells him he's the boss so I don't know where he's getting it. He does fine with sitting before he gets food and staying off people and just being treated like a dog so I'm not sure what to do.
Ah, that all sounds good, so I'm getting as puzzled as you are. Could just be a little dog thing. They're so small they're on guard against the whole world, except you, somebody he's come to trust.

I'd just keep working on getting him to trust other people. If there's someone around the house who can feed him, that might teach him that he's not totally dependent on you. Same for walks. Or a car ride. Just make sure the experience is fun for him.

Good luck! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!