View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
ilovejoel
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks for the advice
I don't act excited when I come home (although other people do) i've actually been working on "calm down" with him. When I get home and get him from the crate he is pretty calm but when I get home and he stayed with someone else he freaks out and screams when he knows I'm here.
My sister has been teaching him that when I get home she won't open the door until he is quite which he's catching on to.
I don't think he is spoiled, he actually doesn't like to be held or carried around and I don't really baby him. I just feel that I'm doing something wrong because he does show a little bit of protection signs with things like the daycare kids coming by me or even Rosco, it's starting to annoy me.
I thought I did good on letting him know I'm the boss but apparently not I read that the separation anxiety and protective stuff means they think they're the boss.
There's nothing he really gets to do that tells him he's the boss so I don't know where he's getting it. He does fine with sitting before he gets food and staying off people and just being treated like a dog so I'm not sure what to do.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!