View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #13
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korchilles View Post
Hi so my yorkie is 4.8lbs right now and is only pregnant with one puppy. She has had her vet visits including her xrays and ultrasound and she is in perfect health. I am by no means a breeder and was completely taken by surprise on the news of my dogs pregnancy. I had left her for 10 days with a friend while I was out of town visiting family and her yorkie tied with mine. The vet said the puppy is almost the same size as her birth canal. What are the chances that she will be able to whelp her puppies and not have to get a c section. Anyone else have experience with a small yorkie having puppies. Also iv been researching like crazy so I can have as much knowledge on the subject as I can. I read somewhere that a lot of the time a dam will not go into labor if she has only one puppy.. seeing how I left her for over a week at my friends and neither she knows when they tied how do I know if she is ready to give birth. My vet was only able to give me an estimante of 2 weeks till she gives birth. I'm just worried. Any advice would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by korchilles View Post
My dog had her beautiful singleton puppy free whelp 10 days ago, everything went perfectly mom and baby are healthy and happy.
So, your first post was on the 17th, your vet said 2 weeks to go and yesterday (the 27th) you post that the baby was born 10 days ago (the 17th)??

I shouldn't read these posts before my second cup of coffee!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!