View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
Sharonmarlow
Yorkie Yakker

Default Variocage IS in the US

Sorry - I came across this forum and this thread because I am researching options for safety crates for my two Scotties. I saw this post and realized that people here might not know that the crate the person was writing about from the UK is already here in the US (and it's not English - it's Swedish actually). The crate's called a MIM Safe Variocage. A company called Mighty Mite carries it here in the U.S. Variocage U.S. - Mim Variocage Dog Crate, Variocage Car Crash Safety Crate

There's also another crate on the market called the Ruff Tuff. I don't think they make small dog size crates and it's not lab tested but it supposed to be super strong. Here's the link to that:

Ruff Tough Kennels-Dog Crates, Dog Kennels and Dog Carriers

There's a company in Germany that sells another tested crate but it's not available in the US. There are also harnesses made in Germany that are lab tested but those aren't available either. It seems Europe is way ahead of the US in pet vehicle safety.

If people here know of other safety devices for dogs in cars, I would love to hear about it. I am trying to find out what my options are. This seems like a very nice and active forum.
Sharonmarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!