Thread: Hello again!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Hello again!

I have not been back to YT in ages!!! Looks like I have a lot to catch up on!

DH and I decided to go on one last big adventure before settling down and thinking of starting a family of our own. So last week, we just returned from two weeks in East Africa!!! We went to Kenya and Tanzania and had the most amazing time. We were on safari for the duration, so we stayed in lodges and normally had twice-daily game drives. The wildlife was spectacular and I can't even begin to express how awesome the whole experience was. It was just breathtaking and exhilarating!! Near the end of the trip, we still hadn't seen a male lion, and we came across a mother lioness and 5 full-grown cubs (around 2 years old) and 3 of them were males, just starting to grow their manes! They were laying RIGHT beside the road. I could have reached out and touched them. One male lion looked up at me, and we locked eyes, and we just stared at each other for about 30 seconds as I snapped picture after picture after picture. I was standing out the top of the safari jeep, so there was no danger, but it was probably the craziest 30 seconds of my life! Later that day, we saw two more male lions, fully mature. They were just beautiful! The lions were definitely my favourites!

In the meantime, our doggies all had their own vacation with their grandma and grandpa (my parents!). They were well overfed with treats But they were happy and healthy and my parents were glad to have them! When we walked in the door to pick them up, I thought they were going to DIE! We have never been away from Kash and Lucy for this long before, and they were jumping in circles like they had no idea what to do!!! It was awesome to see they were still excited to have us back

Before we left on vacation, I sewed a "scooter cape" for Layla, so she wouldn't get rugburn too badly on the carpet at my parents' house. She has been wearing it daily since we've been back when she goes to my grandma's house during the day as well. My grandma is sure Layla thinks it is a blanket made specially for her to fall asleep on, because whenever she wants to lay down, she'll back up a little so it folds up in front of her, and she can lay her head on it It's pretty adorable! I'll attach a picture of her modeling it! Oh, and we decided to cut her hair short all over, including cutting off her topknot. I think she's just as cute, and much more comfortable now, because she wasn't able to scratch at it when it got itchy before.

We are dealing with another UTI in Layla right now, but hopefully we caught it quickly this time. We noticed right after bringing her home from my parents' house. She went in to the vet college yesterday for tests and I have antibiotics for a week - they'll get the culture/sensitivity results back by then and might change it if needed. She'll be on 4-6 weeks of meds because it is a recurring problem. I know she overflowed a few times while at my parents' house. I think they just weren't able to empty her bladder completely, so it built up. I can't blame them for it, because they don't do it that often. Anyways, my fingers are crossed that it's minor this time!

Besides that, we're keeping busy with house renovations (building a new laundry room!), working, trying to have some sort of social life, and praying for spring to come I really miss it here at YT and will try to be better at checking in more often!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130227_220933.jpg (81.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130227_220943.jpg (75.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130227_221647.jpg (91.7 KB, 27 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!