View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Anyone remember Gianna the Yorkie left to die after being hit by a car?

just wanted to update All Gianna's friends that followed her story and progress from when she was hit by a car and left to die, January of last year. I know I am repeating myself to those that know her story but for thos that are new or did not follow it, Gianna as the vet hospital named her was hit by a car, ledt to die in icy rainlast Januar. A young girl driving by stopped, picked her up and rushed her to the nearest vet hospital. The vets unconcerned over who would pay the bill took her in and saved her life. Waiting for the owner to come forward, no one came. A YT memeber here posted the link to a Craigslist ad asking for the owner to come forward because "No dog deserves to die alone." Well, no one ever came for her, and she did not die. The hospital saved her and my husband and I picked her up with the intentions of rehabing her, and finding her a good home but that did not happen. We fell in love and ae became permannantly part of our family.

It was a long haul as a lot on here know, GIGI as we call her was more then hit by a car, she was emaciated and badly abused. Over a year now with us and she still is making strides. She now has learned to play and share and is now mimicking our other Yorkies by now running with them, and greeting them in the morning with letting them lick her face, not sure she is fully ok with that, she to,erates it with a little lip up, lol. She has now learned it is ok to kiss mommy in the morning and enjoys, her routine of sneezing in my face and staring to gwt my attention, then barking and when all is said and done, climbing up on me and giving my nose two little licks. Just two though and only in the morning.

She has gained weight, and now has a little belly. Loves to go with is in the car and has learned that taking walks theough the park is not scarry anymore vut a lot of fun and looks forward to them. She still will cower to the ground at a strange noise but we arw getting better. She loves treats, lovea a bath. Yes she barks durring bath time until it is her turn and even whe. Ahe ai do e, dried and combed she will still come over for more brushing while I do the others. She loves to be the cwntwr of attention.

She will also now come and greet new people that come to our home, rather the. Hide or growl. She enjoys the company now and knows that anyone who enters our home will not hurt her, however still skittish outiside our home but is learning. She has come so far, yet everyday she still amazes us with new things and my husband and I get excited and will say to each other, look at G she never dis that before, like now she will greet you, tail wagging with a toy in her mouthand she no longer grabs our Bella, but rather now will run with her in the yard. This was a HUGE milestone. Took over a year for that to completely atop, but we realized it was fear. Bella is our Alpha and we know now that G fearwd her, so she would grab first because ahe thought Bella was going to grab her when Bella would growl, but Bella is a crabby old lady and grumbles alot it is just her and would never grab or do anything so G is understanding now that the dogs she lives with here are her friends and not like where ahe came from. We really believe she was a breeder dog, and was attacked a lot because she also had punctures all over her back area like ahe was bit. Anyway, she is doing wonderfully. A completely diffwrwnt littlw girl. I am having trouble posting pictures on here. I am trying. If any of you are on fb look me up Elaine Buzzeo, my avatar is me holding a Yorkie. G is the Yorkie in my arms and if you go to my albums, look for Gianna before and After. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!