View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualgirl View Post
Hi All!

So my pretty Bella gave birth to six beautiful puppies last night. I haven't been able to sleep much because the runt (female 66g miracle puppy) is not nipple feeding so I have been feeding her formula every other hour. And last night one of the smaller males was SCREAMING. I finally figured out that covering the den they are in helped (there was tiny bit of air flow in the room). I set the house to 75 degrees and inside the den I put the heat pack underneath the blanket on high. I know the typical whelping areas need to be between 80-85 degrees.

I also found that the puppies like to have the option to go underneath a small fleece blanket. However, I only have this during the day but any thoughts on this having them able to do this throughout the night too? It worries me.

If you have any tips on newborn cries or why this happens and also tips on how to make sure that miracle puppy lives. Please please let me know. THANK YOU!
You need to be feeding one of the formulas listed in the breeders section. Is baby sucking strongly? If she is not getting at least 1cc/oz body weight, you need to be tube feeding....that way you hae complete control over exactly the amount baby gets and there is less chance of baby aspirating milk into her lungs.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 03-25-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!