Thread: Mommy Melt Down
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
Teresa Ford
Therapy Yorkies Work
Donating Member

Mommy Melt down Part 3
March 22, 7:25 am
Rubin and I see headlights bounce off the mirror. The driver of a new Lexus takes the first parking place, the one closest to the door. And Ford Escape pulls parks next to me. Rubin and I watch as the Lexus door opens and a nice looking, thirty something, dressed in a suit, man tugs on something in the back seat. A very, very, young Doberman with taped ears almost takes a nose dive onto the parking lot. The man glances at his watch and hooks a flexi leash to the pup's chain collar. I frown. He has a phone pressed to his ear and his back to the pup when she runs full speed to a very brownish patch of weedy grass. "Oh Dear Lord," I say to Rubin, "he is letting that beautiful little girl sniff and walk where a thousand sick dogs have puked, pooped...." We hate him. Rubin gives a half hearted woff at the man. The puppy poops and of course the Bad Daddy doesn't pick it up. He looks at his watch again. I hug Rubin too tight and he presses his nose into my neck. The woman in the SUV Looks at us and waved a hand at the man. She couldn't make eye contact because of my tinted windows. I think she felt friendly because my back window says : Yorkies R Therapy. "She might be a nurse, we like her." I said to Rubin. He looked her over and gave a brief tail twitch. She was dressed in butterfly scrubs, and had a Yorkie on her lap. Her little Yorkie was barking like a possessed squeaky toy. Rubin looked at me to see if I was going to correct the dog , when I didn't he tipped his head to study my face. A side door opened and the overnight staff headed for the back parking lot. The Bad Daddy man yelled out to them, "Hey, when you guys open up ?" One fellow called back, " Seven thirty." Just then the front office lights came on. The nurse lady got out of her SUV, carrying a to go cup of too hot McDonalds something in one hand and Miss Yappy Butt under the other arm. The Bad Daddy almost drags the puppy up the ramp and rushes through the front door. I looked at Rubin gave him a kiss and said, "Ruby get in your bag" and he did. I zipped it up. Time to go.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!