Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
kikil
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
DO DOGS DREAM ?

I think dogs dream.

Catching ZZZZZZs.

Rubin my old fellow has perfected the ‘fake sleep’ he lays quietly on the sofa if the others bark or he smells something interesting he opens one eye to check it out. If it is not worth getting up for, the eye closes. To really sleep he goes to his crate, fluffs his pillow and arranges his blue blankie. Does he dream, yes and he snores, grunts and does little throat yelps as he goes on one dreaming adventure after another.
Gracie makes little growly sounds but, no snores. When she is deeply asleep you can pick her up and move her, she flops like cooked spaghetti. But if something wakes her suddenly, she wakes up barking and ready to bite who or what ever dared disturb her Princess beauty sleep.

Ginny Joy snores off and on and stops if, I nudge her. Her little legs do the bicycle and she makes soft little arf, arf sounds. I think she is dreaming of sunshine and running in the grass. She is a peaceful sleeper and looks so angelic, I wish I could paint her puppy sweetness.

Abba likes to sleep on his back with his belly in the air. He can’t even imagine a world where he is not safe, spoiled and loved. He sleeps deeply and without worry. If he dreams it must be about girl dogs and treats, He looks like he is smiling.

Julia Rose is our baby Parti Yorkie. She sighs, make soft little sucking motions. I have no doubt she is dreaming of mommy milk and a cozy nest snuggle buddies. She will scoot right back against me if I move her away. She is like a mini heater, which would be better if we didn’t live in Florida.

Lily is hubby’s Lab is by far the most active in sleep. She must have wonderful dreams. She barks in her throat, moves her legs like she is swimming, makes little snaps like she is eating or catching something, She makes sniffing sounds like she is in hot pursuit of some exotic rare animal, her ears twitch with excitement. She grunts, sighs, and her tail often thumps in a contented little rhythm, like a soft whisking drum beat in a romantic song.

she does move from one spot too. when we call her name she don't wake up for nothing. but we have to touch her and sometime she does wake up there. I wasn't to sure if she was dreaming or something else was going on with her. she got to be doing something big in her dream for her to do all that moving that she does
kikil is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!