View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzys mom View Post
1st, love, love, love the name .jpeg! Very creative. I don't have specific tips just needed to say how impressed I am with how smart the breed is. Only had my guy for 5wks. While I was whining about potty issues, someone mentioned their obedience training accomplishments. Oops! I had totally forgoten about that. Well, yesterday I started at mealtime using kibble. Mr. Peebody learned "turn around" in like 2 minutes. This evening (his 3rd training session) he finally got "sit", and is improving on "up".

His third day home, I could tell he understood the pee pad concept. Super smart. I've never been a fan of super smart dogs, I'm too lazy. Don't want to have to out-think my dog. Usually prefer cute, dumb and cuddly. BUT, I am looking forward to discovering all the things Mozzi can master!

He already seems to be mastering me quicker than I'm mastering him. Look out folks!
Very cute name for yours too! Yes yorkies are very smart and they def know how to work you! those eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
If the dog is 10 weeks old or older and it has been in its new home about two weeks with no ongoing problems, it is time to start simple, basic training. If it is ill or has ongoing tummy troubles or anything from leaving its pack and settling into a new home, wait until things seem normalized for about two weeks. Don't expect miracles or anything with the babies as they have very short attention spans and under-developed memory centers and major in forgetting things but short, repetitive, positive-reward sessions will eventually get you where you want to be with your puppy.
Great advice.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!