Thread: Ah Ruby Boy
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithj1000 View Post
She'll 'call you again when he's AWAKE'??? You mean my sweet, delicate baby has to be sedated to have her teeth cleaned? My stomach is bubbling and boiling. We have a little over a month before she's spayed and I've convinced myself that it's so far in the future that I don't even have to think about that stuff yet.

I find it utterly amazing that there's a whole community of people like me who lose complete composure at the slightest inkling of anything that might be the teensiest bit uncomfortable for their baby. And I thought I was the only one because everyone at the vet always seems so totally composed. I'll bet there are no YT members at my vet. Or maybe, they just wait til they get to the car...
Haha. Yes, they have to sedate them to avoid the procedure being so stressful on a dog it harms them. Most vets run an IV line and give or are ready to give fluids should they be necessary. The vets usually are very mindful of the poor Yorkie predisposition for poor dentition/baby-tooth retention in the tinier-sized ones and give very safe anesthesia according to current accepted protocols for the breed. But it is so scary, all the same.

I, like you, turn to jelly when a dog is hurting or ill!!! I can deal with bleeding and traumatized people without turning a hair - just not dogs. Don't let me have to see a dog suffer. Totally cannot deal.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!