View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassymae View Post

My yorkie is 5 yrs old now & constantly cries/whines!
If I'm standing up & she cant reach me, she whines.
She whines if I'm talking to my husband & not paying attention to her.
If I'm laying on the couch watching tv, she'll stand in front of me & just whine!
I Love her so much so I'm guilty of spoiling her....but sometimes, its very frustrating!
Does anyone else have this problem? Any clue as to why she would be doing this? I dont think she is in pain, or that anything is really wrong for that matter.
Maybe a bit too spoiled. Any ideas of how I can get her to stop would be greatly appreciated!
This is probably habitual whining but you still do need to have this dog examined by the vet to be certain that no underlying arthritic condition, toothache, tumor pain, etc., is what is causing her whining. Get her a full check-up with labs and even x-rays if you want to be certain she is not trying to tell you she is hurting.

If this is habitual whining, you can stop it but will have to work a good bit to change things but first, we all need some info.

How long have you had her and is she neutered?

How long is she alone during the day?

What is her day like from morning until you put her to bed? This is critical to knowing what might be going on. Just break down her day for me and I think we can help you. There are many of us here who have had a dog like this from time to time, whether in rescue or as a pet. Some whine less than constantly but it can get constant if not nipped in the bud. Even when it is full blown constant, you can still stop it but it will take work on your part. And persistent consistency. Boy, will you need to be persistent.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!