View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlette View Post
Thank you all for you comments.

Yes, Julie will be sixteen weeks old this Saturday 03/23/2013. My MIL was the one who told me about the "No bite" and "Ouch"!

One added question: When you say you spray water, do you add vinegar or is it straight water?

@dawn27 - Yes, I took a peek at your website. I like it Look forward to reading it.

Replacing the biting with a chew toy is going to be rough especially when I'm outside. I'll think of something.

In addition to "no" and "no bite," teach her "down" when you catch her dragging on your pant leg. Does she walk on a leash? I would think leash training would also discourage that habit.

When Max was a pup, he would play bite my toes in the morning when we first got out of bed. I would tell him "no bite" and put him back in his xpen to make him stop. He quickly learned that if he wanted his freedom in the morning, he couldn't bite my toes.

I'm training Julie to walk on a leash. Help me out Maximo, how do you figure leash training would help? I don't understand. This sounds like negative reinforcement. I hear you. She knows the "down" word. I'll see about using that command during this time of biting.

I will train Julie with I've learned from your responses. Later, I'll report back and let you know how it's going.

Thank you.
Starlette
Straight water
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!