View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Starlette
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default How to Prevent Shoe, Sock, Toes and Pants Biting & Tugging

Happy Thursday everyone.

Well, this is the first problem I am having with Julie. When I very first brought her home at 7 1/2 weeks old, she would grab a tennis shoe or slipper outside the bedroom door where I place them for easy access, and carried either one across the hallway chewing or playing. It was cute and funny at first, but not now. I don't know if this is regular puppy behavior, or something that I’ve mistakenly allowed her to do. At the suggestion of my mother-in-law, I purchased a bottle of "Out! Bitter Cherry Spray" which is to discourage unwanted biting, chewing, licking and scratching. It also says “Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed”. As for me, I am not very satisfied or guaranteed it is doing its job. What I have noticed is that I have to either douse my shoe or pant legs numerous times with this product to have it work.

As for tugging, she will grab a hold of either a shoe or pant leg without me realizing. Before I know it, I am sweeping/dragging her across the floor, grass, etc. I am not very comfortable with this either. I have fallen twice this week (Sunday and Wednesday). Not because of Julie. I really don't want to fall due to this type of cleaning and dragging.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Starlette

NOTE: I’ve tried to do a search on this topic, but I did not seem to find what I was looking for.
Starlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!