Thread: Ear Infection
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
Ldyrev1
Princess Sophie's Choice
Donating Member

Default Ear Infection

Good morning everyone. Princess Sophie slept for 7 hours again last night and we are very happy about that. We are still giving her the oral medication for the bladder infection we believe she has.

This morning however, after getting up to potty, she would not lay back down to sleep, which she usually will for about one hour. She was whimpering and scratching at her left ear. I took a look and compared the two and sure enough the left ear was pinker than the right. Right away I knew we were going to the vet!!

Just got back with a second medication to be put into her left ear as she has been diagnosed with a yeast infection of the ear. This should be fun. NOT! Poor girl, she's napping now but that ear is going to be a problem for a couple more days. We'll be keeping a very close eye on her, as if we don't already, just to make sure she isn't getting worse.

I would appreciate anyone's help to know what to watch out for, besides shaking her head and scratching at her ear, that would be helpful to us at this time. Ya'll are so good with information and I know you will steer me right!!
Thanks so much!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!