View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #14
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

I am a foster mom, and I just tell myself that if I adopted the dogs I fostered then how could I help out more in the future? A person can really only have a certain amount of dogs, otherwise you become a hoarder LOL. Anyway, dogs get adjusted a lot faster than you'd think. It's just really important to make sure you interview the potential adoptive family very thoroughly, bc the last thing you want is the dog to go back into foster care bc they weren't a good match.

As for your question about keeping in touch. I keep in touch with all my foster's forever families. Most of them are too far for a get together, but we most def exchange emails and cards during the holidays. I just think it's important that the original owner (if known who it is) is not told where the dog's forever home ends up being, out of privacy. Once a person surrenders their dog, they should no longer be given information on them. Just to know that if they indeed gave the dog up to a reputable rescue that the dog will be in good hands and taken care of well.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!