View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Ldyrev1
Princess Sophie's Choice
Donating Member

Default She's got a cottony coat!

Hi everyone, I have been brushing and combing Princess Sophie's hair since she came home at 8 weeks of age and for the longest time I thought she might end up being a silky coat however in the last week, I have noticed that she has cottony fur on her legs, belly and neck. I have also noticed she has a couple matts on her back haunches. So now begins learning how to properly groom a cottony coat.

I have seen picts of plenty of really pretty cotton coated yorkies on this site so I just want to know how to do it properly.

Right now, Princess Sophie is a little wiggle worm and any time I get to any part of her that mildly resembles a tangle/mat, she pitches a fit and I practically have to wrestle her to try to keep her still. I don't very often succeed. LOL!

I checked out the videos on the grooming library and the last one I couldn't bring up at all. None of them and I have a feeling that these are the videos that could really help me. I have notified Admin of this issue and asked they look into it and let me know if it's my computer or if there really is something wrong with this post.

If anyone would like to offer me some more advice I would be happy to hear it. I'm all ears!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!