View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Hello and Welcome to YorkieTalk.

1. Housebreaking- is it true they need to go to potty every 2-3h? (i prefear to walk out a dog, but walking it out every 2-3h sounds a bit too much) and if they do, is it possible to teach them to do their business outdoors AND if they can't hold teach them they can use a certain spot at home too, like won't it make the puppy confused? When first potty training a puppy I personaly would stick with one either outside or inside. I also think during potty training you need to take them out more often then every two hours, sometimes every hour.

2. Do they smell?- My friend is really pushing on me saying all Yorkies she saw would smell. But if Yorkies coat is like human hair, they still can smell? All dogs when outside put off a smell to let other dogs know they are there and after 20 or so minutes inside it goes away. Because yorkies have human hair and it gets greasy they need and can be bathed every week or two weeks. I honestly haven't meet a yorkie yet that stinks.

3. Colors- i'm confused about Yorkies colors, ones look just so dark and ones so light. Can you pick the colors when they are still little pups or are they all same color with no difference? Puppies are generally black and tan and then there colors can change up until they are 2 so there is no real way to know what there colors will be as an adult.

4. How often can you bath it- one website says up to 2 times a week others say no more than 1nce a month.If it's coat is like human hair shouldn't you wash it more often? When using a good shampoo I would say once a week or every two weeks

5. Can it sleep with me in the bed?- I saw on the net complains that Yorkies make lots of accidents in the human bed/carpets/on laps/couches. When you have a puppy I think it is safer to keep them in a crate at night until they are potty trained and wont chew up things that can hurt them and then I would say go for putting them in bed with you

6. Does a girl Yorkie mark the territory? They can but normally not as bad as boys and I had mine spayed at 8 or 9 months before her first heat and she never has marked her territory

7. How loyal is Yorkie? Mine is pretty loyal and just to me if I am not around she shuts down

8. I have other dog who is a male and he is surely much bigger than mini dogs. How much bigger it should be to NOT be able to breed with Yorkie girl. (otherwise i'll take boy Yorkie or will consider to make a girl Yorkie an operation to not have any puppys.) Dogs tend to find a way to mate whether there bigger or smaller but a female under 5 pounds should never be bred it is very dangerous for her personally I think you should have your female fixed before she goes into heat for the first time and I also think you should have your male fixed as well.

9. How fast their hair/fur gets messy? It depends how much there outside and what they are doing outside. If there out there rolling in dirt its going to get messier faster then if there just out there to do there potty
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!