View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
nanahas3
♥Love My Snuggle Bugs♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Hello.

(sorry for my english, am not a native speaker)

So, i decided to get myself a Girl yorkie.
Yet i want to be 100% sure that it's what i need.

I made so much reaserch on the breed: characteristics, behaviour etc.
But some websites give different information.
So, what can be more helpful than just asking people who own Yorkies themselves.

I am about to graduate from university and planning to get Yorkie for graduation(still didn't reaserch a good breeder yet.)

I make around 4 plane travels in a year and from what i saw on this site, Yorkies seem to not have a big problem traveling. Had previous experience with a dog but not with as delicate as Yorkie.

Here are still questions i'm a bit confused about.

1. Housebreaking- is it true they need to go to potty every 2-3h? (i prefear to walk out a dog, but walking it out every 2-3h sounds a bit too much) and if they do, is it possible to teach them to do their business outdoors AND if they can't hold teach them they can use a certain spot at home too, like won't it make the puppy confused? When housebreaking I taught mine to use a peepad first then outside. When puppies they have small bladders and need to go often so it worked best for me this way.

2. Do they smell?- My friend is really pushing on me saying all Yorkies she saw would smell. But if Yorkies coat is like human hair, they still can smell? My yorkies do not smell.

3. Colors- i'm confused about Yorkies colors, ones look just so dark and ones so light. Can you pick the colors when they are still little pups or are they all same color with no difference? They come in lots of different colors lol. Standard is gold and steal blue.

4. How often can you bath it- one website says up to 2 times a week others say no more than 1nce a month.If it's coat is like human hair shouldn't you wash it more often? I bathe mine once a week.

5. Can it sleep with me in the bed?- I saw on the net complains that Yorkies make lots of accidents in the human bed/carpets/on laps/couches. Definately can sleep with you if you prefer.

6. Does a girl Yorkie mark the territory? Mine didn't.

7. How loyal is Yorkie? Very.

8. I have other dog who is a male and he is surely much bigger than mini dogs. How much bigger it should be to NOT be able to breed with Yorkie girl. (otherwise i'll take boy Yorkie or will consider to make a girl Yorkie an operation to not have any puppys.) It should be fixed so as not to cause accidental breeding.

9. How fast their hair/fur gets messy? Depends on the length you keep it.

Please share your experiences and help me make a good decision.
I really like that breed.
Welcome to YT! I am sure others can share experiences with you also.

Last edited by nanahas3; 03-17-2013 at 11:06 PM.
nanahas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!