View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
rubynrosie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

You are so right about bears more interested in food then anything else. We have a phenomenal black bear researcher here in Minnesota out of Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center. Have any of you heard of Lily and Hope? A webcam was put in Lily's den and people all over the world got to watch Hope being born. I've learned so much fact and fiction by following the webcams and daily updates. Last summer I was lucky to be picked to actually "walk" with the wild bears with 7 other joe schmoes. For three days we hiked/bushwalked in the woods with the two researches meeting wild bears...literally within feet of them (but no touching), learning how they live and the many misconceptions about them! Someday when I get time to get pics smaller I will post some..the babies were absolutely adorable. Ill look back in my notes...they had given some suggestions about keeping them out of your birdfeeeders...if I find them ill post too!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!