View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
There is only a 1/4 of glass and a screen between you and 500 lbs. of bear?!?!?!?! You are far braver than I am!!!! I would be grabbing guns, calling 911 and Animal Control and Century 21 and getting out of there for good. The scariest thing I've ever seen out of my window was a lizard on the screen wire and that was bad enough. A bear?!?! No, thank you. What if he'd wanted to come in your house - right through that window? Could you do anything to prevent it? You are far calmer about this than I would be. You should see my thread about Eeeeeeekkkk!!!! Lizzie the Lizard, a tiny little pale lizard that I saw in my house. I was in a blind panic and here you faced down a BEAR and are soooo cool. I bow to you in awe. You have all the cool in the world. And please, please, stay safe. Yikes. I probably would have dropped down dead standing there looking at a bear just on the other side of my bedroom window.
Well actually I had taken the screen out of the window to have it re screened. It was kind of scary to see that giant head looking in at me. Generally black bears just want food and he had the best bird seed on the market to munch on. I have had that bird feeder out there for 4 years and although the deer eat out it of occasionally we have never had any other issues with it. We have never had a bear stay in the area for any length of time. He must have woken up hungry and there is nothing out there to eat at this time of year.

It does make me uncomfortable to think he has been that close to my home. I have a stone bear at my front door that the real bear apparently ate the straw hat off of. My daughter sometimes works nights and comes home in the dark so that is a concern.

I called the game warden this morning and she was much less concerned than I was. "Just don't put the bird feeder out." she says! Apparently the bear population has increased quite a bit in this region. 'Well, thanks for letting all us sitting ducks know about it' I thought as I was listening to her! I know this one has been around for at least a month because that is how long I have been having problems. This does present a complication concerning our activities for sure! I hope he moves on soon.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!