View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Bear Scare in Central NY

Last night Gracie woke up suddenly and started to growl and bark. There is a window right next to the foot of my bed and Gracie was sniffing and getting really upset. I got my flashlight out and there was a huge bear staring at me! His face was 6" from the glass of the window! Now that is enough to get your adrenaline rushing! He was huge! I have a bird feeder that sits on a metal pole about 2' from my window. This monster has been flattening the pole to the ground off and on for about a month. Every time it happened Gracie would growl and bark. I would turn on the backyard light but see nothing. Sometimes we will see deer when Gracie barks because they like bird seed as well. This time I got quite a shock. I'm accustomed to the wildlife around here but from a distance!

After getting my brain functions back I got mad because that bird seed is getting expensive and my metal pole is almost all the way broken through so I have to replace it. I got my flashlight and started banging on the window to try to get him to go away. He did move away from the window but he ate every bit of my bird seed and flattened what was left of the pole again. I guess the birds are going to have to hope for an early spring!

Last edited by gracielove; 03-17-2013 at 09:50 AM.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!