View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

You have soooooo many uncertainties here...dont know date she is actually due, I am sure you do not have any idea about the pedigrees of either dog, or what is behind them...the fact that your little girl is small, the fact that she is carrying a singleton, the fact you have only guestimations about when the baby is due, and the fact that the vet has said the baby is almost the same size as the birth canal and you have ?? 2 more weeks ?? to go....I would STRONGLY advise you to make arrangements to have your vet available to help deliver this baby.....I mean PRESENT during delivery....things can go south rapidly and you can easily loose not only the baby, but your momma too. Since you do not know WHEN she is due, you cant go ahead and schedule a c-section, because you dont want to dliver a preemie.....Good luck with this unfortunate circumstance. I am stunned and amazed the person you left this little girl with, allowed a female in heat to run with an intact male....the outcome is obviously going to end up as it did.....I would make HER responsible for 1/2 the bill for the c-section, since what she did was negligent, at best......unless she didnt know the female was in heat? With your research, you will know the stages of labor and will recognize when she is starting to go into labor. You have read about a whelping box, or an area secluded and an area where she is not running all over the house, to have her puppy.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 03-17-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!