View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhcarter View Post
I have been hoping for a GPS chip for the dog, but I think chipping people (not GPS, just information) is a good idea in certain ways although I do understand the prophesy as well as people feeling like the government is taking over their bodies. I am an ED nurse and I think being able to scan a patient when they come in and get a complete medical history, medications, allergies, etc would be most helpful, especially if that patient was unconscious or otherwise unable to convey that history. Where I live, people dont often have a good understanding of their medical history nor know their medications.
Yes, that's what I was saying that it could be so helpful for medical care and, hopefully, one day for locating the lost. Just think, ready, current meds, drug/other allergies, complete medical HX., blood type, NOK and even insurance info all right there on the scanner screen for ED docs and nurses - even the EMT's could use it.

We all walk around with so many foreign objects in us now, this little dude surely couldn't be much of a problem. Just think for injured children where the parents aren't available in the E.R. - the docs could have access to vital info right then. In a life or death situation, I'd like my child's doc to know if he had an antibiotic allergy or was a bleeder.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!