View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #9
Jenna AK
YT Addict

Well after two visits to two separate vets, we have an even more miserable dog than I thought possible.
For the last few days she did nothing but barf. No food or water in, we had to take her in on ER status yesterday for fluids, (300 mls, she was that dehydrated) sucralfate (the vet found blood in her stool as well as her sputum) and an injection of cerenia. She also has some kind of infection, not sure what but the doc wanted to give her metronidazole and I had to turn it down because she reacts poorly to antifungals. We got instructions to take her back in to the original vet who saw her (different practice) today, which we did. The two are faxing each other back and forth to try to help her.
We've given up the Z/D because she simply won't touch it. We're on day three of no eating and I'm desperate to get her swallowing something besides water and meds.
She seems to have intermittent stomach pain that causes her legs to spasm. Last night she had trouble swallowing. Getting meds in is becoming increasingly difficult as she hates the taste of them and fights me until I am afraid I'll hurt her restraining her.
The rash just won't leave. Benadryl hardly touches it and steroids are now off the table.
Will try her on a boiled fish and rice diet next, if I can get her even interested. Otherwise, she's flipping from being reasonably well in herself to being the most pitiful, uncomfortable little dog you have ever seen.
I am not certain if the Freshpet did this to her, or if her diet has just been so unbalanced that she simply can't handle anything she used to eat anymore.

I may just have an oversensitive dog, but I don't think we'll ever feed Freshpet to any more of our animals.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!