View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
furrybaby
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Puppy Shopping ???

My daughter in law is interested in getting a puppy like mine but I don't think my son will ever pay what I paid for mine so we're looking around.

A friend of mine has 10 week old puppies from a rescue dog she has and bred with a smaller registered male. Her dog weighs around 6 pounds and is 9.5 inches tall and I'd say it's silky terrier. It looks like a silky with who she had crossed with a full bred yorkie. She said they've crossed them twice and now she's not interested in ever doing it again.

Regarding weight/size:
The puppy my dil may be interested in weighs about 36 oz at 10 weeks. I'm thinking, how big is this little fellow going to be being it's not 12-13 weeks yet? Even that's a guess. It looks about as big as my puppy at 13-14 weeks. Does a couple of weeks make that big of a difference?

Regarding fur:
Some of the puppies I thought looked like chorkie's but then I found some silky terriers that have short fur and I'm almost certain the mother is a silky. Some of the puppies were fur balls like mine. My friend said the ones with short fur grew fur like the mother, not as much as the father and the fur balls grew fur like the father. I guess there's no question here, just making sense of what i saw.

I'd feel bad if my dil got a tea pot, not that they aren't adorable, but that's not what she is looking for. She'd like a 6 pound or less dog as she's petite.

Without being able to afford a dog with papers or the option to have papers, it may be better I stay out of it and if there's a problem, will not be my fault!

Last edited by furrybaby; 03-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.
furrybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!