View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
MiaW
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Unlove I Got Tinkerbell's Ashes

Hi Friends,

Just wanted to let you guys know I got Tinkerbells ashes yesterday. The box was beautiful and had her name engraved on it - it was so tiny, looked just like a small jewelry box. My hands trembled as I opened the box and looked inside - there was a white handkerchief which was folded a million times and took forever to unwrap (at least so it seemed!!). Inside the handkerchief was a small plastic zip-lock-type bag with her ashes. Wow - it was amazing to actually "see" her. I cried a river to see those few gray ashes in that bag. But in a strange way, I felt as if she was still here. I am so glad I decided to keep her ashes. Initially I was opposed to the idea, but then had a change of heart. Glad I did. I put the box in our family room so I can have her close to me all the time. I never imagined this ordeal would be so difficult for my family and I. Well, I guess this is the last stage in the "process." I suppose this is now the beginning of what some would call "closure." Thanks to each and every one of you for your warm thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement - I truly would not have made it this far without you.

Mia
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!