View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
Jenna AK
YT Addict

Thank you everyone.
I have stopped feeding the food and thrown out the remainder. Last night Jenna had a 1 ml dose of chlorpheniramine and was lethargic and unresponsive within two hours. Her eyes were open and could look at me but she couldn't lift herself up from a lying position and she seemed unable to focus. My ER vet told me over the phone to push fluids and get her to urinate as much as possible. It took me two hours to get her back to a reasonably responsive state. So we got her in to the regular vet this morning and now have methyl-prednisone, regular benadryl and tri-otic ointment for her ears, plus Hills RX Kangaroo and Oat dog food to try to feed her for 6-8 weeks elimination regimen. However upon getting her home and giving her one kibble she broke out in spots again and her eyes flared up. Her ears were red and bumpy and I had to administer the steroid and benadryl. It took a few hours to get her back to a sense of normal. I was told she didn't have to eat till morning tomorrow, but she's hardly had anything for 24 hours. I am very worried she will throw up like she did this morning. (yellow foamy fluid)
She's been snoozing the remainder of the day today and is still out cold now. (about 11 PM AKDT) The last few days she's hardly slept and was completely hyperactive.

Does this sound like a reasonable course of action? Will she continue to have allergic reactions every time she eats? The vet said it could be food or environmental but I see the reaction after ingestion. What else can I do to help her and keep her eating without compromising her health further? Will she be like this for the whole 6-8 weeks?
Feel very discouraged and afraid for her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!