View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #7
kimp5
YT 500 Club Member

The plate she has is permanant unless she ever developed in infection. Its pretty bulletproof. If this would dislodge her plate then she would never have a normal life. I was more worried that she impeded her healing. She is at the 4 week mark so many would be off restriction by now. If she was a big dog and I lived in a place with stairs she would be climbing them many times a day to relieve herself. She is on longer restiction because vet number one screwed up and so she needing grafting.
Trust me when I tell you this dog has had less movement than 90% of dogs on restricition. She has walked maybe 10 steps a day. I have basically given up everything to make sure she heals. I have been trapped in my house for 9 weeks now. I have elementary aged kids as well. My vet last week was amazed at how good she looked. I am doing all I can. I have been tieing the crate. she bit through it. I didnt want to use wire because I was afraid she would ingest it if she tried to chew it off. I figured something else out.
Trust me im not being cavilier about this. My first vet wanted to amputate. I refused so 4,000.00 later I have no interest in this not working. Im doing the best I can.
kimp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!