Thread: nurses
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie View Post
That's fantastic! I've been an ICU nurse for 3 years now and can appreciate everything behind your statement. In fact, it's RNs like you with all your deep knowledge and experience that inspire me greatly. I know exactly how hard you've worked to save countless lives. I'm positive that retirement for you is hugely deserved!!
And I graciously step aside and let ALL the new generation of youngbloods, step up and grab the baton....you remember to develop your OWN self, your own sense of worth....you remember as an ICU nurse, you are agressive and you are a "first line" patient advocate. You learn your trade so you can stand strong between those that would not put the needs of the patient first, and that certainly includes any other staff. In order to stand solid against those people, you MUST know your "trade"....going up against residents can get you in a stickey wicket, if you are not absolutely certain of yourself and your knowledge base. Teaching hospitals are the BEST places to hone your skills...attendings are confident enough to respond to inquiring nurses with guidance and instruction, without getting all intimidated....Good luck to you and ALL the upcoming ladies that will one day, be MY nurse or my CRNA, or my NP or my PA! You better do everything in your power to know how to keep me alive!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 03-11-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!