View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
brittaniilasota
Yorkie Talker

Default Should I be concerned?

Hello! I got my yorkie, Kinsley, in November. For the first week of having her I slowly switched her off of the breeders food and onto "Hills" puppy food. Kinsley began throwing up within a couple days. She continued to play/act normal which made me less nervous. As the throwing up went on, I tried switching her onto the same food that my mom's yorkie has been eating for the 5 years she has had her (Royal Canin Yokshire Terrier Puppy). No luck on that brand of food, the throwing up STILL continued. I started to think that Kinsley may have an allergy to the "extra" things that is put in "commercial" dog/puppy food. In January I switched Kinsley onto the Raw Food Diet. Kinsley's throwing up reduced significantly immediately after the switch and stopped completely in February which was an amazing relief.

Now for my problem... I have noticed that Kinsley has not been gaining weight as quickly as my Aunty's puppy, Holly (They are 5 days apart). Kinsley has fluctuated between 2.7lbs and 2.10lbs since the end of January. I feed her twice a day, sometimes three and I allow her to eat as much as she can. She rarely ever eats more than 1/2 a puck (1/2 an ounce of raw food) which worries me. She also has three separate types of raw food (Venison, Organic Chicken, and Organic Beef) and I give her different types daily to try to keep her interested in the food.

Should I go to the vet about her lack of weight gain? Give her another type of protein that is higher in fat/calories?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I just want my baby to be better!!

Thanks in advance!
Brittanii ♥
brittaniilasota is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!