Thread: My neighbors
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
foodberries
Yorkie Yakker

Default My neighbors

Yay! I'm back on the forum! It's been a while, but me and my munchkin, Daniel are back!

So, anyway, we moved into a new house back in August (we just transfered from our last command) and it's a nice neighborhood. My biggest thing was I wanted a fenced yard so Daniel didn't have to be on a leash when he was doing his thing outside. I'd still supervise him but I wanted to give him a little more freedom.

Well, everything was going good for a few months. He even made friends with the neighbor's dachshund. That's not the issue.
The neighbors across the street recently (like 2-3 months ago) got a pitbull puppy. He's got to be a mix because he hasn't gotten any bigger and to people he's friendly enough. The only problem is, they don't ever supervise him. I'll come home from work and pull into the driveway and it'll be laying in the neighbor's front yard and they won't be home. I won't be able to take Daniel out in the front yard because he's small enough to fit through the gap in the gate opening if he really wanted to.

This dog has trouble walking (both his front legs are bowed legged) but he constantly tries to cross the street to get over to my yard whenever he notices Daniel. Thankfully, my baby boy hasn't noticed him but I don't know what to do.

The dog doesn't have a collar, doesn't have tags and is, for the most part, unsupervised. They've already lost the dog once but I just feel that it's not fair that Dan can't go out into his own yard without me worrying about that other dog.

I've been tempted to call animal control because the dog's been caught physically in our yard and the dog is unsupervised but at the same time I feel bad because I know that the dog will probably get put down. Not only is it uncollared and untagged, but it's a pit and it's got a physical disability.

I'm not sure what to do... what do you guys think?
foodberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!