View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Don't give up! Pups with protein losing enteropathies can be treated and some do well. I have one with lymphangectasia (loss through intestines) and one with protein losing nephropathy (loss through kidneys). Here are a couple of threads about each of them. Perhaps they will give you some hope.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...ia-update.html

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...phropathy.html

I will keep Columbo in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted please!
Thank you for the links. They do give me a bit of encouragement. My immediate worry is the fluid in his chest and getting through the weekend. My husband now has me worried. He was not at the appts yesterday where we got the bad news. He keeps asking me why there wasn't something done to help him immediately while we wait for test results. I guess I just assumed that they couldn't do anything until they have a definite diagnosis as treatments could differ depending on what the underlying cause is. He is worried Columbo might not make it through the weekend when the vets office is closed (except for ER). He is under the care of the internist now and she said to contact their office if we need anything, but I put in a call to my regular vet to see if he thinks there is need to worry as we go into the weekend. They didn't put him on any meds or diet change or anything yet. I don't know if I should be worried about this. The internist did apologize that it would Monday before test results came back. I know they hurriedly packaged up his fluid sample, urine (maybe blood, too?) and to get on the fedex truck that was to be there any minute since it was late afternoon. He has been sleeping all day, other than his morning meal, pee and poop. I just want to get him through this, get him stable and be given the chance to try and manage it. I looked up the nearest vet nutritionist and there are 2 at Virginia Tech 2 1/2 hours away. I am happy to drive there if needed. Both my kids went to school there, so I know my way around.

Last edited by bobohyde; 03-08-2013 at 09:49 AM.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!