View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I am so very sorry for the tragic and sudden loss of your baby. So that your post gets the attention/support that it needs, I'm actually going to create a new thread for you from your post. Hope that's okay.

My bach degree is in nursing, and I did work a lot in cardio -- but even so, it's tough to tell you what happened bc so many things could've come into play at once. Sadly, it does sound like it could've been a heart attack and/or also congestive heart failure (CHF)...which could've been going on for a while now. CHF can cause water retention, weight gain, confusion, lethargy, shortness of breath (can be minimal to extreme), panic, and so many other things. And with CHF, sudden death is always a possibility bc of all the stress on the heart and the burden of all the extra fluid.

Again, I'm just so sorry. He sounds like he was so precious, and that you loved him so much. I'm sure he had the *most* wonderful life with you and that he loved every second of it! I hope you heal with time, and that you get through this painful time when you are ready. I'm sending you lots of healing, good thoughts. Take care.
I, too am a nurse and I agree that it sounds like congestive heart failure (which has been linked to hypothyroidism) and/or flash pulmonary edema. The cough, increased lethargy, panting and anxiety could all be linked to fluid buildup in the lungs and him not getting enough oxygen. I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Your thread caught my eye because I also have a yorkie silky mix.
I pray that you will find peace as you mourn the loss of Toby.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!