View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

If you cannot get through to the Pet Poison Hotline, try these resources:

ASPCA | Animal Poison Control Center

(888) 426-4435 / Help available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card. (Only Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards are accepted)

------------------------------------ OR -----------------------------------

Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital offers a FREE poison control hotline for pet owners and veterinarians 1+785-532-5679 (Monday-Friday 8-5pm).

Dr Oehme, a vet and professor in toxicology and pathology oversees the hotline. Dr Oehme offers these suggestions:

- Be patient. The person answering the phone may have to take a few minutes to consult the vet on duty.
- Call as soon as possible. Immediate attention might save your animal. But waiting to see if there is a reaction could cost your animal their life.
- Have any product labels available for answers. The vet might need to know milligrams and generic names.
- Know your pet. Drooling could only mean he is thrilled to see you!
- Know that the toxicologists are also taking calls from vets about other animals and other problems, including those problems with large animals.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by admin; 11-10-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!