View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLharley View Post
My beloved Silky Yorkie Toby passed away Saturday with sudden death. He was 12. He had recently been diagnosed with Hypothyroid and on meds and was seen in November for followup on condition. His thyroid was normal on meds. The past two weeks prior to his passing he became lethargic, and would have anxiety attacks and panting in the car but when I let him out he was normal. He did start sleeping alot. Otherwise he was eating, playing, pooping, etc normal. He did start getting a horsh bark. Toby also had gone blind in both eyes. The day of his passing he woke up, played, ate, went outside to do his business came back into the house, his back legs gave out he fell got back up and starting panting and couldn't breathe. Within minutes he was gone with blood coming from his mouth. We did not do an autopsy and Vets are saying either anyrusium or heart attack. But the signs weren't there and he wasn't distressed. Can anyone help us to understand what took our boy. Thanks
I am so very sorry for the tragic and sudden loss of your baby. So that your post gets the attention/support that it needs, I'm actually going to create a new thread for you from your post. Hope that's okay.

My bach degree is in nursing, and I did work a lot in cardio -- but even so, it's tough to tell you what happened bc so many things could've come into play at once. Sadly, it does sound like it could've been a heart attack and/or also congestive heart failure (CHF)...which could've been going on for a while now. CHF can cause water retention, weight gain, confusion, lethargy, shortness of breath (can be minimal to extreme), panic, and so many other things. And with CHF, sudden death is always a possibility bc of all the stress on the heart and the burden of all the extra fluid.

Again, I'm just so sorry. He sounds like he was so precious, and that you loved him so much. I'm sure he had the *most* wonderful life with you and that he loved every second of it! I hope you heal with time, and that you get through this painful time when you are ready. I'm sending you lots of healing, good thoughts. Take care.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!