View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneJ68 View Post
I have no experience with Yorkies and small pets. Bentley's housemate is a 12 pound grumpy cat that detests him.

Just based on the research I did on Yorkies prior deciding to get one I think there could be a potential for problems. Everything I read on Yorkie interaction with other pets would lead me to believe rabbits would be among of problem animals. There were big cautions about what they referred to as small animals, hamsters, etc.

I would think that with general rabbit nature and movement especially as babies (had rabbits as a kid) that it could very well bring out a Yorkies ratting instincts. I'm guessing you plan to allow the rabbit to become an active member of the family, many rabbits can be trained like you would a cat or small dog, litter box and all.

Bentley is only 14 weeks old and I see he is a natural born killer already. Any of his floppy "non stuffed" stuffed animals I watch him grab at the head and then rotate his own body around the axis of the toy's neck as if he was trying to snap its neck.

Just my 2 cents worth. I'm sure someone somewhere has a mixture of dog/rabbit/small animal somewhere. Hopefully they will chime in.

PS: Yes lops and rabbits in general are a delight to own. My pair were called Brownie and Thumper.

Yes... I have read this.. and this is my major concern. This is mainly why, it makes me sad maybe the the timing is off.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!