View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Is your apartment close to your nearest neighbor? A puppy left alone can make a lot of noise. If you are gone for several hours a day a yapping puppy could be a problem.

There was a post on YT just a couple of weeks ago by a girl who said her BF was very allergic to their new Yorkie puppy. I was surprised that someone would react so soon to a puppy but apparently he did.

Yorkies are terriers and they have very terrier like personalities. You might want to get one of the better books out about Yorkies and read it to see if that type of personality is for you. I have had dogs all my life but never a terrier until Gracie. I had about met my match with her. They can be very stubborn and sassy little spit fires. You really can't train them the same way as most dogs. Wish I had a heads up about that before I got her. I have heard that Yorkies for Dummies is a very good book. Gracie is a great little dog now....but she is not like most dogs. She thinks she can talk and she also thinks she runs the place!
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!