View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Carmeow
I♥ my girls Luma+Rosie
Donating Member

I live in a pretty small apartment with my BF and my girl does fine. She is alone for about 4 hours every day. I jog with her every morning so that when I leave her, she just sleeps the entire time we're gone. We are getting a second puppy next month. I'd say the biggest thing you will have to work at is potty training. Just be persistant and reward them when they do it right. Feed on a schedule. And when you first bring the puppy home try not to leave it alone for long periods of time because the puppy could have a hypoglycemia attack. Their blood sugar drops and they can have seizures or die.

I'd find a good vet and see if they had any breeder suggestions as well as answer any questions you might have. You can also go to here to see a list of breeders referred by the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America (they have some Canadians too)

Good luck! Are you a student? I was 19 when I joined YT looking for a puppy. It is possible but it can be a lot of work! Do your homework (on yorkies lol)!! There is a TON of great info here in older threads.

Carmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!