View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Avenging_Angel
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leg71 View Post
Hi -
I am brand-new to this forum. I just joined because I am thinking of adopting an 8 year old female from a rescue group - her owner recently passed away. She is 3.5lbs currently. I have not met her in-person yet. I wanted to ask you experienced owners about owning a dog that tiny - do you have any advice/warnings about size? I have 2 cats, about 6lbs each, who get along fine with dogs. My last dog was a 14lb min-pin mix who passed away in 2011 at age 13. Can you tell me the general temperament of yorkies at around the 8 year mark? Any information you are willing to share is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Laurett

I adopted my Yorkie @ 4yrs. old. She is now 8, she had some thyroid trouble & once my Vets got that under control she is a wild child. Ha!! I had a little 3lb. yorkie & there are certain safety measures, such as stairs for them to get on & off furniture as jumping will break their little front legs. You have to be aware of their surroundings big Dogs can come out of nowhere & attack. If my little Anjalique had been a Bull Dog we would have been in big trouble. They have very big Attitudes, But are worth every minute of the extra time & care..
Avenging_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!