View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenseale View Post
Hi! My name is Gwen and my bow-wow-baby is Bella. I am new to yorkietalk.

My 1yr-old Yorkie is five days post surgery for a bowel obstruction. She was doing well until yesterday morning when she had four 10-20 second periods of involuntary head movements. Thinking the condition a diabetic seizure, I immediately gave her honey (she has never had glucose issues). The head movements subsided. I drove her to my local veterinarian office where they performed bloodwork. Her glucose levels came back on the low range of normal, protein low.

I took her home and about six hours later she began having multiple little cluster-like episodes of the same type head bobbing. I returned her to the ER where she had her surgery and they kept her overnight for observation. She did not repeat an episode under their care and was released this afternoon.

Any idea what could cause this type behavior? She never loses consciousness, is alert, her eyes are bright and normal.

The only things different in her life are:
* She consumed some tuna salad a few days ago when some fell on the floor.
* She has been acting as if she may have ear mites for the last couple days.
* Our pest control service man came Saturday and sprayed inside the home.Any ideas as to what may have caused these episodes; And should I worry about future occurrences?
Has the baby ever been around the insectcide the bug man used? Find out what he sprayed with....some formulas are toxic to dogs.....just a thought.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!