View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
Ldyrev1
Princess Sophie's Choice
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle04 View Post
Awww! She's gorgeous! I adore your creation! Cute!!! I want one in yellow for KS if you ever decide to sell this style. Love love love the saying on the back and the sleeves! You go girl!
Thanks! This was a first trial run and there are always things you discover you would do differently. Amyee you sew so you know how it goes! When I first "finished" it I learned that Sophie could walk right out of it because the sleeves were too long so I took them up by turning the finished edge under and hand stitched. Then my DH and I decided that she needs a bell so I sewed one onto the back at the neck so she won't try to play with it. It helps us know where she is when she's on the floor in the den. Then, I tried sewing up the back, middle to take it in and discovered it wasn't laying the way I wanted so I altered it by taking it in just a bit more and added a couple of snaps. All that and it's really finished! I loved working with the sparkly green tulle and just fell in love with the color. It was fun and I have material and tulle in different colors to make a couple more.

Last edited by Ldyrev1; 02-28-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Ldyrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!