Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
PrinceJJ
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 036 Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm Amy.
I'm new to the forum, and forums in general, so some of you may need to help me out here, haha - I'm unsure if I should be posting an introduction in this thread...
I'm 20 and from Liverpool in the UK - anyone else from around there?

I love yorkies, and have been fortunate enough to have two precious little boys. My first yorkie was called JJ who I got when I was just 5 years old, he was my best friend and little shadow. I absolutely adored him (still do!). I spent nearly 15 wonderful years with him, he was my rock. Just under 2 weeks ago we had to get him put to sleep. The poor guy had been sufferring with a nasty cough for some time, which we were told was a tracheal collapse, but this was not the case. When we took him to visit a vet, she examined him and informed us that he had a leaking heart valve (rated 5 so it was really bad), and fluid on his lungs and belly. I was distraught. He seemed perfectly fine apart from the cough. I still miss him terribly, but I know he's always with me in my heart.

My other little boy is called Louie, he is just 8 weeks old. After the loss of JJ, I was advised by numerous dog owners that a puppy helps heal a broken heart, and this is true! He is helping me a lot. He is not a replacement for JJ, just another little life that wants to be loved. And yes, he is a handful! And very cheeky!

Well, I think I've said enough. My introduction is turning into an essay, haha. I'm looking forward to exchanging stories with fellow yorkie lovers like myself, and I hope you're all well

Amy x
PrinceJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!